Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Roasted Pork Loin

I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I'm not a very good cook. I try. But I'm just not good. My husband is a great cook! And lots of nights, we cook together. He does the actual cooking. But I help him. Cutting things, mixing, generally just helping him.

Our families are already gone. And I want to make a special dinner for Jacob tonight. So I took to All Recipes for an idea. And I found this recipe.



Doesn't it look yummy? I don't think I can mess this up too bad. And I can roast some potatoes with some other veggies. But I'll probably just buy a pie and some fresh bread. Because I'm not even going to attempt the bake. But I will post the recipe here. :) ★



Roasted Pork Loin

Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 2 hrs

Ingredients
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (4 pound) boneless pork loin roast

Directions
In a skillet, combine the first 12 ingredients; saute until the vegetables are tender. Untie roast and separate. Randomly cut 20 deep slits, 1 in. wide, on inside surface of roast. Fill slits with some of the vegetable mixture; retie roast. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Spread remaining vegetable mixture over the roast. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 2-3 hours or until a meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees F-170 degrees F. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment